7 October 2015 | 09:00 – 17:00 │ Amex Stadium, Brighton
The third annual Headway Hurstwood Park and asb aspire LLP conference is due to take place on Wednesday 7 October at the American Express Community Stadium in Brighton. Please click here to read the latest conference news release.
Aimed at all practitioners working with brain injury, the conference will cover a number of the current issues affecting this specialist field. Based on feedback received from very positive delegates last year we have put together a fascinating collection of topics from concussion in sport, comorbidity, European Brain Project, partner intervention following brain injury, assistive technology and neurological mapping.
We are delighted to be joined by leading consultants, neuropsychologists and clinicians from across the UK and Europe, including:
- Professor Richard Frackowiak, Professor at the EPFL in Lausanne and co-director of the Human Brain Project (Medical informatics)
- Dr Richard Hardie, Consultant Neurologist and rugby referee
- Professor Richard Wise, Professor of Neurology at Imperial College London
- Dr Siobhan Palmer, Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Dr Jo Johnson, Clinical Neuropsychologist
We are also pleased to welcome Dawn Astle to the patient stories session. Dawn is the daughter of former West Bromwich Albion and England striker Jeff Astle, who died aged 59 in 2002. After initially being misdiagnosed with Alzheimer’s, tests later confirmed that he died from the degenerative brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). The coroner concluded this to be brought on by repeatedly heading heavy footballs during his career.
For all enquiries, please contact the events team on 01293 861214.